Here are some of the highlights
It has recently been reported that in SA 40% of NGO’s have sadly had to close their doors.
This reminds us once again of how deeply we appreciate your continued financial support—THANK YOU! It is because of the generosity of local churches, businesses and individuals, that we are able to continue offering the services we do.
To our team of amazing, committed staff and volunteers—you are the heartbeat of Choices!!
16 women have been housed in the unit this year. Of the 12 babies born, 10 have been released for adoption. Our unit manager, Charmaine, together with her relief assistants, Ray and Fikiswa, strive to provide excellent care and love to all the resi- dents. We welcome Ria Pelser onto the team of relief assistants.
Many testify to leaving Choices with healing for wounded emotions and hope in their hearts.
Thanks goes to our dedicated training team, consisting of Esmé, Heather, Lenora and Anita, who trained 14 on our mandatory Equipped to Serve course, and 18 attended the Schools Programme presenter training.
We know that our programme is making a difference—Here are some excerpts from letters written to us by pupils:
- Choices has changed my life completely. (boy)
- I learnt not to watch porn—it is addictive and to say “NO” to sex ... stuff I didn't know. (boy)
- It gave me confidence. I now feel comfortable talking to my mom & dad about intercourse. (girl)
- I learnt to say “NO” and protect myself, ‘cos I am special and have value. (girl)
- Teenage pregnancy could ruin my life. I will save myself for my husband & stay committed. (girl)